Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Baby's Not Feeling Too Good :(


It's been a week now since My Baby has'nt been feeling too good. I was on my way back from playing cricket last Thursday, sometime around 9pm, breaking landspeed records so as to get home and spend some quality time with The Butterfly, when all of a sudden..... I'd gone from the Hare to the Turtle in under a minute.

I knew something was wrong when GTI's passed me on the highway, coz under normal circumstances, THAT NEVER happens. Just ask my wingman Jam's ;)

Anyways, since her medical-aid just recently expired, I knew I was in for a burning deep hole in my pocket. I sent her in on Friday to Bosch Diesel Electric. Rumour has it theyre the best, and the best is what My Baby deserves.

Diagnosis: 6 new injectors required, a whole bunch of other gizmo's too technical to mention and half of which I can't spell anyways, and of course a new turbo!!

AARRGGHH!!!!
15 Grand later and all's done, except for the new turbo. Thats another 14 Grand.
Aint that just Grand.
Suddenly I wish i'd sent My Baby to some backyard whackjob mechanic with greasy fingers and stained overalls, who'd tell me he could sort it all out shup-shup for chumchange.
Don't get me wrong, I love My Baby and all that, but even true love has a price, and if that price is 30 Grand, call me single and spank me silly!

4 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my post More Blogger Beta templates. I have responded to your comment.

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Regarding your second comment in my post More Blogger Beta templates, I have responded again. My question was, what happens when you click on LAYOUT?

Peter
Enviroman Says

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi,

I have responded to your third comment on my post More Blogger Beta templates by Stavanger.

Peter
Food as Medicine

No Longer At The Kids' Table said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. Cute baby (the girl, not the car). I love all the pictures, and hearing little bits of information about living in South Africa. Cricket sounds like fun.

Peeping Toms To Date