Sunday, December 24, 2006

Lunch With Elvira



My good buddy Elvira arrived from London on Friday, and of course our first order of business was arranging to meet so she could see The Butterfly in person for the first time.

The venue was Ocean Basket in Sandton City, and Sabreen was on her usual best behaviour. It's always great to see Elvira and catch up on old times, and with her going back to London on the 4th of Jan, it seems like the next time we'll meet is when I visit the Queen.

I recall the first day we met. I'd gone to a meeting at an infamous Real Estate company based in Rosebank (The cops or the Scorpions may be reading this blog, so i'll refrain from mentioning names ;) and Elvira was the PA running the show there. I had to wait in reception since I was a few minutes early, and Elvira was deep in conversation with the secretary, I think Thabi it was, at the time. They glanced my way a few times, and I would have paid all I had to know what it was they were saying.
Months later and with Elvira and I pretty good friends by then, I asked her about that day. I still laugh when I think of her answer, which was pretty much something along the lines of "This guy looks like he must be doing some dodgy business with the bosses, hey Thabi!"

lol... Thanx Elle ;)
The Maiden, The Butterfly and I wish you all the best on your return to slimy, overcast and miserable London. If anyone can brighten up that foggy place, I know you can :)

No comments:

Peeping Toms To Date