Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Home is where The Butterfly is

Ok, so you're probably wondering where the pic is, right? Well, the Butterfly's gone to her grandparents for 2 weeks, so im here all by my lonesome self, falling asleep hugging her pyjama's and booties :(

Anyways, I go down in 2 weeks time to bring both The Maiden and The Butterfly back where they belong. I've been advised that the grandparents may put up some resistance, so i've been practising in my meanest and most authoritative voice "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?"

I spent the evening at my wingman Jam's place, and he had his niece Lameez and nephew Zameer over, along with Shubnum (his wife), Irfan (Shubnums brother) and Shabier (Jam's brother and also the kid's dad.) We ended up playing this really cool Playstation family game called Buzz! Awesome fun, and heck did I enjoy myself. Now here's the interesting bit... I had Lameez as my partner during the game, and even though we lost miserably, on my way home I realised that in a few years, i'll be partnering The Butterfly in games and other fun kid stuff. I sooo look forward to that, and if the truth be told, the joy I get out of being around kids and just enjoying the fun and laughter they afford me has a whole new meaning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I do not have to warn you about protective gear....hee, hee...I like the part about practising your authoritive voice but please do not wear it out in the next two weeks. I know olympic athletes have to train but this will be a walk in the park for you....and that aint sunshine up you know what. Pure observation....!!!

Peeping Toms To Date