Tuesday, July 25, 2006

On Skydiving and Gravity


Aaarrgghh!! Seems like the BlogSite has a problem uploading pictures today, and just when I thought i'd paste some of my old favourites too :( Anyways, we are now down to counting days, with August 1st the official date given by the gynea for the Butterfly's grand entrance. Since nobody from either my family or The Maidens would even know where to begin looking up "Punctual" in the dictionary, all bets are that we should begin our season of Sleapless Nights by weeks end. "Am I looking forward to it, and how do I feel" are two of the most common questions i've been asked, along with "You? A father? NOOOOO...." Fact is, having been married for 6 years to undoubtably the most patient, caring, understanding and beautiful woman any guy could ever have asked for, pairing my good looks with her amazing nature was of course the most logical next step :) I guess it's difficult to answer how I feel right now. It's a mixture of immense excitement and anticipation, coupled with a degree of fear and nervousness. It's like skydiving for the first time. While you're in the air it's the most awesome feeling in the world, but you realise that at some point you have to hit the ground. Whether you use your feet to stop the fall, or your head is the question. Right now, i'm just kind of enjoying the freefall, admiring the view from up high, basking in the glory of the euphoria, and all the while knowing that this adrenalin rush im experiencing is really only the beginning. It's only when the Butterfly announces her arrival to the world that my feet touch the ground.

So many have asked whether I know it's going to be a Boy or a Girl. Well, at first I thought it was a well-hung boy (just like his dad ;) but the Gynea assures me I was only looking at the umbilical chord. It's definitely a girl. The next most obvoious question is whether we've chosen a name yet. The answer to that is No. We've got a shortlist, but have decided that we'll wait and see if the Butterfly arrives with a name of her own. Im hoping it's on a name-card or badge coz that would make our job so much easier. In the meantime, WATCH THIS SPACE :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...!! Modesty must be one of your strong points! Great blog :)

Peeping Toms To Date