Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wanderers Owes Me Money!!





So Jameel, Shubnum and I planned this great Sunday at the cricket watching India get handed their curry-bums to them on a platter by South Africa, while "Smashin Sachin" makes a century trying to make the Indian scoreboard look semi-decent.

So much for what we expected! All we got was lots of drizzle, some rain, maybe some ball-tampering and even bowling some maiden overs, but unfortunately no action. (reminds me of my matric ball date!)

As you can see in the pic above, I think the covers came off and then back on again about 4 times, but nobody scored (again, memories of matric ball come flooding back!) Eventualy at about 6:45pm the umpires called the game off due to bad weather, and about 5000 grumpy Indians marched home. I kinda realised what Ghandi must have felt like doing his protest marches in the rain with his whole entire village beside him. Even though I came to see cricket but had'nt seen any, walking back to the car with the whole of Bombay behind me and drenched to the bone from the rain made me feel so unified and united with my fellow Indians :) No, really!

Oh, I hope Wanderers gives me a refund for my ticket. Those darn Discovery Box Seats are flippin expensive ;)

No comments:

Peeping Toms To Date